OPERATIONS CONTROLLER – TYPE & TELL
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting publishing tech start-up. The ideal candidate would be a junior operations controller who is looking for their next move up and greater responsibility in a vibrant, fast-growing publishing business.
As Operations Controller, you will be involved in every aspect of the publishing process and responsible for coordinating production operations. Working closely with both internal colleagues and external suppliers, you will be a key member of this small, friendly team, responsible for:
- Managing the production and distribution of Type & Tell titles.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, distributors and printers.
- Developing and managing updates to distribution feeds.
- Manage costs, schedules, quality control and product development, solving any potential issues.
- Negotiating favourable production costing to best achieve targets.
- Taking responsibility of own workload, prioritising appropriately while maintaining high quality standards.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate solid experience of working within publishing production environment with excellent skills in publishing operational management, metadata, ONIX, typesetting and print and ebook distribution and manufacture, as well as knowledge of working with a wide range of suppliers and customers.
You will be a self-starter, with a strong interest in publishing and books, be creative, have a great eye for detail, numerate and exceptionally organised. You must be enthusiastic, positive, a great communicator and a strong team player. You should be comfortable in a small team and in a versatile, fast-growing, fun business. The ability to be flexible and stay calm under pressure is a must!
Type & Tell is a new self-publishing company, pioneering innovative automated publishing technology and delivering professional print and ebooks. Type & Tell is part of Bonnier Books.
For more information and to apply send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org